Sunday, February 14, 2010

cake for valentine's day!

more than roses,
more than smooches,
more than chocolates,
even more than drumsticks painted with little red hearts by your high school boyfriend,
valentine's day is about one thing:
almond cake.
sorry, mushy people.
{kidding about the drumsticks though, they were awesome}

since before i could eat,
my family has been making this cake every year for valentine's day.
and so that is what i did today.

and despite the fact that my closet-sized kitchen lacks a kitchen aid,
{a.k.a. means to whip egg whites sans manual labor},
it came out just as i remembered it when i was a wee one...
when the other awesome thing about this day was collecting candy and little power rangers cards from all of my classmates.

i hope you all had wonderful valentine's days!


xoxo


yeh

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the prettiest, yummiest-looking little cake I have ever seen....you should post the recipe!

Meghan said...

That cake looks incredible!!!

Anonymous said...

Was that Bobs birthday cake? looks delicious!!!

chelsea rebecca said...

i'm drooling over my computer.
that looks so good!
recipe soon?

daisychain said...

Now,
will your family adopt me?

Katy Mary said...

Yum! I had no sweets on valentine's day! lol pretty looking cake :) Hope you had a Happy V-Day!

dandelion daydream photography said...

wow.. looks so tasty!

my name is lauren. said...

what a fun and delicious valentine's day tradition :).

Geek+Nerd said...

Hey there, thanks for visiting my blog :) I love almond desserts - yum! Kudos to you for whipping egg whites by hand. My arm hurts just thinking about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips