Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back in new york. and some ice cream sammiches.


i'm back to the city!
and how nice of the weather to warm up just in time...

a few highlights from my weekend at home:

lemon jalapeƱo cookies with chocolate ice cream
chocolate chili cookies with vanilla ice cream

fireworks

the deep gutty sounds that fireworks make

the echoes of the deep gutty sounds that fireworks make

the car alarms erupting from the fireworks 

{...playing in the pool}

eating 

eating schnitzel

puppies and dogs

parade

stilt people at the parade

steve reich's music for 18 musicians in my room by my lonesome with straggling fireworks of neighboring villages periodically exploding in the distance in an otherwise silent and beautiful night

premixed, store-bought margaritas 

more premixed, store-bought margaritas


xoxo


yeh




18 comments:

ALFIE said...

these look FAB!!!!!

Brittany said...

I want those ice cream sandwhiches in my mouth pronto.

ALSO

Aidyn is very scared of the stilt people. He hides behind me and cries.

But he loves fairies.

So it pretty much evens out. :)

Dancing Branflake said...

Those look so good! I want them more than this cake that's sitting in front of me- and that's saying a lot!

Raquel said...

Hooray for NY, ice cream sandwiches and those bad ass whoopie pies below!

Raquel said...

ps. I have no idea why they're called thai donuts. I tried them elsewhere and they were served with condensed milk as well so I guess that's how they're eaten over there. They're also very light and "airy".

Meghan said...

They look amazing:) I would pair those with the margaritas and call it a meal:)

What About Lunch said...

I am kind of blown away by these ice cream sandwiches. Wow. Did you make them?

Becca said...

Pretty little ice cream sandwiches...and totally adventurous flavors, girl!

Frank said...

These look absolutely delicious. I'm really glad I stumbled on your blog. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Katy Mary said...

yum! those looks fab, glad you had a lovely 4th weekend!

What About Lunch said...

Pork schnitzel! We went out to Kutztown, PA on Saturday and ate a lot of Dutch stuff.
Any chance of you sharing these cookie recipes??

city girl said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend!

my name is lauren. said...

delicious looking/sounding ice cream sandwiches! glad you had a lovely time!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I wanna play in the pool too! Glad you had a goodun' hun xo

Kerri said...

the little ice cream sandwiches are so cute. btw, my mom always called them sammies so that was very cute that u used that phrase! ;)

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Oh yummy! And it sounds like you're having a great time!

SogniSorrisi said...

These look to DIE for yummy!!!

What About Lunch said...

This chocolate chili combo actually reminded me of a chocolate pepper cookie recipe I have (I think it's Martha Stewart's!) that is really, really good. Good to know, I will just add some chili powder to it!
Thanks for the recipe :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips