Wednesday, September 22, 2010

practicing the xylphones, sitting in class, and eating cafeteria food do not an exciting life make.


but i have, in recent past, hung out with some cows and my little cousin {she's the one in the purple, the cows are the ones in the black and white}
and i made the above drawring in french class of george gershwin and gracie.
did i tell you i speak french now? it was almost enough to order a croque madame at the little french cafe that i went to in williamsburg a few days ago. but then it wasn't enough so it ended up being something like, "can i have a croque madame s'il vous plait et un... iced coffee?" i'm getting there.
i also began teaching again!! yay little kids. only a majority of my students this year are about one watermelon taller than me. so if i assign one too many rudiments, i face the possibility of them beating me up. evs. 
furthermore, i write for a music blog now! it's called campusounds and it's about college musicians around the world. i just interviewed one of my fave dinosaur/composer hybrids, armand ranjbaran. he's the goofiest person ever but also really smart, so read about him. 

other then that. my life is back to cafeteria honey mustard, counting rests... and then yesterday i learned about twelve bar blues. {no comment}.


xoxo

yeh

14 comments:

Anna Walker said...

Ha well I like your life! I have always wanted to learn french...I feel like I should learn spanish first! I love that drawing too! I hope you had fun visiting the cows!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Dancing Branflake said...

Congratulations! And about that word verification: my browser was open to your blog wheb you were commenting on mine so maybe bloggers knows EVERYTHING. Creepy!

Multi-Colored Sprinkles said...

Your posts always make me smile. I am back in the blogging game :o) just wanted you to know!

Katy Mary said...

lol oh the college days!!! have fun, if you can ;)

Not a Paper Cup said...

lol...sooo cuuttee! :)

daisychain said...

Ohhh I just wanted to say I took the CD you sent me in to hospital with me. It was a total hit with everyone x

christine, just bella said...

haha, I like the clarification on which one is the cousin and which one is the cow... nice :)

Ah, the life of a student - enjoy!

la petite coquine said...

Sounds just like music school! Looking forward to reading about more of us young musicians!

Marta from With Love... said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're having lots of fun :)

-Marta

-L- said...

I love the campusounds blog. It looks like it's going to be an interesting read. I see you're back to the college grind, as am I....as am I.

kid. said...

LOL i love how you clarified your little cousin from the cows. Too funny.
Oh my gosh, I had forgotten all about croque monsieurs/madames, but now i totally want one. I used to go out of my way to make them for myself alllll the time. so nummy.

Barbara said...

haha thanks for making clear who's your cousin :)

wish i could speak french just a little bit.. i love how it sounds.. that's why i'm always listening to old french music i guess
have a lovely weekend!!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Awesome news about writing for the music blog! And French, interesting! I took French from grade 1 until grade 9, and pretty much all I can do is count to 100, ha! Sad.

paloma said...

Moll YAY(!) I love you. I'm coming to NYC to LIVE very soon. Help me find housing pwetty pwease???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips