Tuesday, October 19, 2010

let's take the choo choo to a little town in the mountains


 
where people wave hello
and there's a main street called main street
and a little stand outside the book store says "free books!"
we'll go to the town market
and they'll pamper us with stone soup, pumpkins, and cinnamon...
if i get cold, it's ok i have my mittens. you have yours too??
and a few victorian houses 
will take up our afternoon,
then a little cafe on the corner will serve egg creams and mac and cheese.
you'll say something funny. i'll smile.
we'll stroll till dusk, down the river, out on the dock.
and then back to the city we'll go!
so won't you come to beacon with me last weekend?


xoxo


yeh


17 comments:

Alyssa said...

it sounds like the most perfect little town!

Vinda Sonata said...

those pictures are great, heartwarming, and lovely.
great writing, too. thanks for the inspiration!

Sara Szatmary said...

Love your outfit girl!

Anna Walker said...

I love the pumpkins! IT looks like you had a fantastic weekend! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Jude said...

Well, you had me with that first pumpkin pic! Sounds like such a wonderful place and fun weekend :)

Camilla Leila said...

i know a blogging lady that lives/used to live in beacon...

http://exp0sedbrick.blogspot.com/

looks like a fairytale place!

Dancing Branflake said...

I love old towns like this! Fantastic! I am on a mission to get a pumpkin this year. It has to happen.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Goodness me you are good, girl. You know what I say? YOU BLOG ROCKS!

Katy Mary said...

Such a cute little town!! These are my fav kinds of places.

Becca said...

beacon is
the freakin shiz


oh molly. how adorable is this post!

la petite coquine said...

Oh, I'm aching for my little hometown with a Main St-Cranbury, NJ! These photos are gorgeous, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

christine, just bella said...

"free books"!? I'm in!!

Jody said...

Star's Hollow anyone? What a perfect day....

Donny said...

beautiful!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Sounds simply divine. I've never had an egg cream - don't really know what they are. Saw them in a booth when I was at the Brooklyn Flea market last month (on vacation) and was intrigued but kind of grossed out at the same time. Must be an east coast thing I think.

Kimbirdy said...

aw, what a sweet, autumn weekend! i want to go!

salah said...

i like your outfit. imma steal that green scarf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips