Thursday, January 27, 2011

little lunches


 little lunch #2
clockwise from top left: fuji apple, mustards, smokey gouda, ciabatta, cutter, apple champagne {?} chicken wiener, carrots, an itsy bitsy nutella
 little lunch #1
clockwise from top left: a medium-well boiled egg, grammy smith apple, milka dark chocolate, the necessary utensils, ciabatta, mystery jam that was not the original jam that came in that little jar, a single-use wheel of brie.
not pictured: the little salt packet for my egg. simply not photogenic.
*****
when i brought little lunch #1 to school,
someone said your lunch is like a picnic
and i said so?
and then another person said all of molly's life is a picnic!
and i didn't know whether to take that positively or negatively so i took it positively 
and then brought little lunch #2 to school,
and one of my friends who has a british accent looked at my satchel and said shouldn't we be in another eera roit now?
and then someone else said my boyfriend is jealous of your lunch.
and then maria said can i have some nutella?
and i said yes.
because picnics are for sharing and happy time.
i've also had various variations on little lunches #1 and #2. 
two of them included some prosciutto, which, even though it is red meat, i ate anyways because it was a gift. 
and prosciutto is a really good gift, you know.
in another eera, i will have a bit of wine to complete my little lunches. but as of now, twelve tone rows and city noir are best learned sober, most likely. 


more photos of lunches to come...


--yeh!! 





17 comments:

Jody said...

This is so lovely..reading this has made my day happy ((((-:

Becca said...

little lunches!
so adorable, molly girl. I'm glad you're learning to make your own food, because it is so, so cute.

Camilla Leila said...

oh my gosh. can you pack my lunches too?
genius.

Ashley said...

best little lunches ever!

Dancing Branflake said...

I love this! So artfully done! More please for sure!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Those lunches are bad ass.

daisychain said...

oh gosh they are adorable!

la petite coquine said...

What perfect little lunches! They are just like picnics!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this & I love that your life is a picnic...especially 'cause I am your aunt.
xoxox,
lala

Kimbirdy said...

oh my, i love this. such cute little lunches and i think "all of molly's life is a picnic" is most definitely a compliment. i mean, picnics are full of nature and sundresses and other sorts of dreamyness, so how could it be bad?

this is me. said...

ooohhh, i want those lunches!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

aw! I love that "your life is like a picnic" i think it sounds cheerful. And those lunches look yummy! :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Charlotte said...

oh em gee your little lunches are the most perfect things I've ever seen. and I think you're British friend is on the right track... they look much more European than American!

{lovely little things} said...

Love the little lunches!

Meghan said...

Nutella! Nutella! Nutella!

This totally looks like what I ate everyday in Paris:)

kim said...

I lot to nibble on this and that for my meals too, that's why my lunch time last too long...way too long. :)

Evie said...

I want to pack little picnic lunches now! I feel inspired!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips