Thursday, July 28, 2011

rainy day


rainy days at camp mean a few extra minutes of sleep, arts & crafts, and some quality time under my sushi blanket with a pen and my moleskine. lots of drawing pictures of all of the goodies that i will make when i finally have a kitchen again and even more writing letters to faraway friends... two days ago when it was really a rainy day, like raining mastiffs and lions, it was soup weathering so hard. to the point of scarves. and guess what? the cafeteria actually had the most amazing soup. there were vegetables and grains and yumminesses galore. it made me so excited for fall when soup weather visits, like, every other day. hehe. 

rainy days at camp have not yet meant shampooing in the rain though. which, as counselor molly, i might have to fix. {try it, really!!}

-yeh! 

8 comments:

Anna of IHOD said...

There are a few things I love about rainy days...
long naps
soup and sandwiches
a good read
...and Hunter Wellies!

la petite coquine said...

That photo is so magical. And there's truly nothing better than a delicious rainy day under the covers!

Charlotte said...

great picture of the boots. I absolutely love it!

Dancing Branflake said...

Haha! That shower sounds so fun! And Hunter boots? I am still trying to figure out how to get my paws on those!

gregory.andres said...

its crazy how much i miss you . ugh .

Jody said...

Rainy days were my all time favorite days when I was a Kennybrook camper (40++++ years ago!)...Jacks tournaments, sharing care package cookies..and the awesome awesome sound of rain on the bunk roof....

Jody said...

Why are there 11 Hunter Wellies!!??

alli said...

It's a rainy day at my house too! Somehow, it makes the day feel very cozy :)
Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips