Wednesday, August 24, 2011

more homemade than this and there'd be a cow in my kitchen


this was produced in my home science lab yesterday.
it's ricotta!!
and alls it took was some milk and a lemon
and way more patience than my comfort zone could handle.
if ever you're looking for some good old-fashioned g-rated excitement, try pouring lemon juice into milk that has heated to 180 degrees and then watch the curds and whey separate. 
it is so cool i don't know why anyone would need cable television when they could watch curds and whey separate. 
 today i mixed the ricotta with an egg and some herbies and young broccoli leaves and encased it in whole wheat pasta dough to make humungo ravioli friends. i then introduced them to some tomato friends. and together they made the best dinner ever. 
take that, teensy kitchen!


yeh!!!

3 comments:

la petite coquine said...

Y U M.

Miss Cortni said...

oh.my.goodness. your post just made my mouth water. YUM!!

- misssshesaid.blogspot.com <3

Charlotte said...

Where did you find the ricotta recipe? Smitten Kitchen? I've been wanting to try that recipe since it was posted!

ps. I'm glad you're safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips