Thursday, September 8, 2011

slow down and eat some mac and cheese



on the facebook feed of life:
my-aged people are married.
 younger people, people born in the 90s, are engaged.
people are winning big, grand orchestra jobs.
and my mother is a grandma {to a dog, but still}.
*** 
last night i donned purple juicy velour pants 
and ate eight kinds of macaroni and cheese.
is that immature?
am i too old to have a penguin collection and sock monkey sheets?
should my birthday cake-flavored sparkly lipgloss be tossed?
should i dye my gray strand of hair?
what is this insanity that is growing up and having a job.
what is happening.

-yeh



{that picture is from dumont burger, november 2009}

7 comments:

Camilla Leila said...

i could not agree with you more.

Dancing Branflake said...

I feel the same. Growing pains are indeed always there.

la petite coquine said...

John and I are old married people who are actually young unmarrieds, but we still call going to be a "sleepover". Stay young and stay happy.

Raquel said...

Love this. I feel the same. Except I'm old as shit so rightfully so.

Jody said...

Life should be filled forever with penguins and sparkly lip gloss and sock monkey sheets...and cuppiecakes for breakfast too! ...and don't color the gray hair..just yank it!

Evie said...

amen sister!

v a m p i r e said...

lol i am gonna copy Evie's comment say Hell yea Amen sister !

same with me here

all my school mates are either busy getting married or producing children by now lol

each day when i log into my FB everyone is talking about their marriage , e invitations or posting up photos of their children

makes me feel so old hahaha but i am glad i am not jumping into any of those serious stuff yet

forever young in heart ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips