Tuesday, January 29, 2013

prime meats

this is what a perfect little lunch after a perfect snowy stroll through adorable carroll gardens looks like. that there pasta is a fancy schmancy version of what a fictional austrian version of me would have housed in lieu of mum's mac & cheese on a regular basis during the great growth spurt of year 11. gruyère + spätzle. hello, thing-that-i-would-normally-feel-guilty-about-eating-but-am-not-because-you-have-a-fancy-name-that-contains-an-umlaut. and the bacon? i hate to break it to you, every slice of bacon that might be reading this, but the bacon at prime meats was *wait for it while i re-consider all the other bacons i've ever had* the best bacon i've ever had. it was so thick and crunchy and crumble/melt-in-your-mouth-y. the calories don't count because they were pre-burned off on the walk there.

meg {wore amazing earrings} and had the burger. i was too taken by my bacon to ask to sneak a bite {!} but, my, did it look good, i may have to get one next time.

also included in my first prime meats experience: great sinus-clearing sweet mustard + great service. 

i am an immediate fan of this place. i will surely need to try it for dinner soon.

-yeh!

prime meats: 465 court street, at luquer street. carroll gardens, brooklyn. 



8 comments:

becca said...

you guys are bestest buddies these days!
I don't know if I'm more jealous of the friend situation or the lunch situation.....lucky duck!

Dana said...

I love the way you re-tell a lunch. The way you savor food/life really comes across!

Cat and Fox said...

Wow, that looks amazing!

June said...

beautiful pictures, I love your blog!

Mackenzie said...

ugh, the fact that most people have never delighted in spaetzle gives me night terrors. the.best.

JacPfef said...

omfg spaetzle. my mom used to make it homemade. i still haven't found any as good as hers, but I need to try this. #NOMNOMNOM

Katie said...

that place looks like a form of heaven on earth. so amazing. i need a burger now. and bacon.

antonis said...


very nice thanks

Γραφείο Τελετών

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips