Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ONCE UPON A BIG GREEN BREAKFAST

eggboy and i recently decided to stop distinguishing between breakfast vegetables {like hash browns and bagel accoutrements} and dinner vegetables {everything else, emphasis on the greens} and with the risk of sounding preachy, it is great and everyone should do it. i love starting my day off with a handful of greens topped with an egg. it makes me feel all energy-ish and it gives me healthy points in the bank so i don't feel as bad when i come home after a long day and only want cheese for dinner.

a few days ago we added turkey bacon as a side and then pan fried some shallots in the bacon fat {inspired by this recipe}. and then i somehow captured the steam off of it in a photo eggboy thinks is badass and makes him look like a rapper. 

happy morning to you!

-yeh!

4 comments:

Tania said...

Great idea. I love cheese for dinner way too much.. so greens for breakfast sounds like the perfect remedy! x

becca said...

that steam is badass.

and I totally agree with you about greens for breakfast. sometimes that is the only health I have in my day, but starting over every morning makes it just fine.

Dana said...

That's a good point. I can always eat healthier in the morning for some reason, so its the perfect time to get in more greens. Actually lately I've been drinking smoothies with Kale and Spinach in the morning.

pia said...

Be grateful for superb recipes. I merely got and yes it tasted great: -)
I have a site having birthday cake formulas by myself when you are attracted. You can find it at http://recipes-for-food.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips